Chief Executive Officer
Jerry Chang has over 20 years of experience in technology development and commercialization with key roles in operations, product development, quality assurance, and regulatory affairs. His career includes the invention, development and launch of numerous novel surgical implants and sterilization platforms, aseptic formulation and production of biological materials, and quality oversight of manufacturing, validation and testing operations.
Mr. Chang joined BioD, LLC (now Integra LifeSciences: IART) in 2014 and served as the company’s Senior Vice-President of Business and Product Development until March of 2019. He is also the co-founder and Managing Partner of Vigilant Bioservices, a biorepository and cold chain logistics services company. Previously, Mr. Chang served as Chief Operating Officer for Transplant Technologies of Texas which was recently acquired by Globus Medical (GMED), and he was a founding member and Director of Operations and Product Development at AxoGen Inc. (AXGN), a biotechnology company providing novel solutions to repair and regenerate peripheral nerves. Earlier, he worked for Regeneration Technologies (now RTI Surgical: RTIX) with increasing management responsibility in various important roles within this 400 person biotechnology company and its wholly owned subsidiaries. He began his technical career with Fuji Hunt Chemical Corporation and Abbott Laboratories.
Mr. Chang is currently a member of the Upstate Carolina Angel Network and is an Affiliate Faculty Member and the External Advisory Board Chair at the J. Crayton Pruitt Family Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Florida.
- Marc C. Moore, Aurore Van De Walle, Jerry Chang, Cassandra Juran, Peter S. McFetridge (2017) Human Perinatal-Derived Biomaterials, Advanced Healthcare Materials.
- Mills CR, Roberts MR, Chang JY, Bianchi JR & Summitt MC (2004) Method to Determine Germicidal Inactivation in Allograft Processing, Tissue Engineered Medical Products (TEMPs), ASTM STP 1452, E. Schutte, G.L. Picciolo, and D.S. Kaplan, Eds., ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA.
- Archibald LK, Mills CR, Chang JY, and Roberts MR (2003): Virucidal and Sporicidal Processing of Human Allograft Tissue for Transplantation. 41st Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
- Roberts MR, Lewis W, Chang JY, Buskirk DB, and Mills CR (2003): Penetration of Sterilant into Allograft Bone During the Use of a Low Temperature Chemical Sterilization Process. 27th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Tissue Banks.
- Roberts MR, Mills CR, Buskirk D, and Chang JY (2003): Removal of Endogenous Debris from Cortical and Cancellous Bone Matrices Using an Automated, Low Temperature Sterilization Process. 27th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Tissue Banks.
- Roberts MR, Mills CR, Chang JY, and Wang, JC (2002) Dye Perfusion into Cadaveric Human Bone as an Indication of Sterilant Penetration. In: 26th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Tissue Banks. Boston, MA